The Word “CATARACT” signifies an opacity, which develops in the crystalline lens of the eye or in its envelope, as a result of which vision of the affected individual is lost either partially or completely.
Whenever an individual indulges in unwholesome activities like excessive alcohol consumption, strains his/her visual activities then the bodily humor like Vata, Pitta & Kapha gets vitiated & atfirst the quality of vision is impaired afterwards the transparency of the vision zone becomes hazy & ultimately become opaque, this opacity of the visual area is know as “Linganash”, the Ayurvedic terminology for Cataract.
- Senile Cataract – which occurs as a natural phenomena due to aging
- Congenital Cataract – A genetic disorder where it occurs in newborn
- Traumatic Cataract – Opacity of the lens as a result of trauma to eye
- Secondary Cataract – Occurring in a diabetic patient
Cataracts develop from a variety of reasons, including long time ultraviolet radiation exposure, secondarily from other diseases like Diabetes, or simply due to advanced age.
- u/v protected sunglass
- Antioxidant food supplements
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis Aristata)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Baheda (Terminalia Belerica)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Saptamrit lauh
- Maha Tripha ghrita
- Giloy satwa