It is a catarrhal and inflammatory condition of upper respiratory tract due to viral, allergic or mixed infection. In Ayurveda it is known as PRATISHYAYA mainly due to vitiation of Kapha.
According to Ayurveda Pratishyaya is classified in to VATAJ, PITTAJ, KAPHAJ and TRIDOSHAJ types. In Vataj type there is pain in sinus cavity with sneezing, pittaj type is with fever and in kaphaj type there are whitish secretion and dull headache.
Due to vitiation of Kapha upper Respiratory tract is inflamed and congested.
- Sneezing, coughing, running nose,
- heaviness of head followed by inflammation of mucus membrane of nose,
- body aches, chill
- loss of appetite.
- Allergens, Virus. Bacteria are the common causative factors of this disease.
- A cough may be caused by the inflammation of the larynx or the pharynx.
- development in the chest due to change in weather.
- The real cause of this disorder is clogging of the bronchial tubes with waste matters..
- Hay fever, flu, sinusitis etc are the associated causes of this disease.
The reason for higher incident of cough during winter than other seasons due to intake of catarrh – forming foods such as white bread, meat, sugar, porridge, puddings, and pies .
- Chyawanprash Special
- Kasamrit (Herbal)
- Laxmivilas Ras (Kas)
- Prawal Pishti