Depression is one of the most common emotional disorders. It may be manifested in varying degrees; from feeling of slight sadness to utter misery and dejection. Depression is a very unpleasant malady and is far more difficult to cope with than a physical crisis, as well as the mental stress and strain of day-to-day life, usually leads to this disorder. There are three vital energy of mind as – Satwa, Raja and Tama. It is a emotional disorder due to aggravation of Tama.
- The most striking symptoms of depression are an acute sense of loss, inexplicable sadness, loss of energy, lack of interest in the world around and fatigue.
- A disturbed sleep is a frequent occurrence.
- Other symptoms of depression are loss of appetite, giddiness, itching, nausea, agitation, irritability, impotence or frigidity, constipation, aches and pains all over the body, lack of concentration, and indecisiveness.
- Cases of severe depression may be characterized by low body temperature, low blood pressure, and hot flushes and shivering.
- Prolonged periods of anxiety and tension can cause mental depression.
- The excessive and indiscriminate use of drugs also leads to faulty assimilation of vitamins and minerals by the body and ultimately causes depression.
- Stress Guard
- Brahmi Bati (S.yu)