In Ayurveda, Vertigo is referred to as “BHRAMA“, where vitiated Pitta combines with vitiated Vata to cause a “Spinning” like sensation.
Vertigo or dizziness refers to the sensation of spinning or whiling that occurs as result of disturbance of balance. It also may be used to describe feelings of dizziness or light headedness.
The most common causes of Vertigo are illness that effects the inner ear:
- Benign Positional Vertigo : In this condition a change in head position causes a sudden sensation of spinning.
- Acute Labrynthitis : This is due to inflammation of balance of the inner ear.
- Meniere’s Disease: It is a condition where a change in volume of fluid in inner ear causes vertigo.
- Sensation of spinning or imbalance.
- Light headedness
- Tinnitus (ringing sensation in ear)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Pitpapda (Fumaria Officinalis)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Yavasa(Alhagi pseudalbagi)
- Sariva(Hemidesmus indicus)
- Sarivadi Bati
- Prawal Pisti