Migraine means Severe Headache alongwith Nausea
Migraine can be defined as a paroxysmal ailment, accompanied by a severe headache, generally on one side of the head, and associated with disorders of the digestion, the liver and the vision. It usually occurs when a person is under great mental tension or has suddenly got over that state.
Persons who suffer from this disease have a particular type of personality. They are intelligent, sensitive, rigid, and methodical, and tend to be perfectionist. A migraine comes on suddenly. The head and neck muscles, reacting from continuous stress, become overworked. The tight muscles squeeze the arteries and reduce the blood flow. Then when the person relaxes suddenly the constricted muscles expand, stretching the blood vessels walls. With each heartbeat, the blood pushes through these vessels and expands them further, causing intense pain.
- There is a definite pattern of a migraine. The pain is on only one side of the head and often radiates from the eye. The right side of the head may be affected in one attack and the next time, the concentration of pain may be on the left side.
- Migraine attacks are usually preceded by a short period of depression, irritability, and loss of appetite.
- Some person’s get attacks daily, others every month or every two or three months.
- The main symptoms of migraine are a pounding pain, nausea and vomiting .The blood vessels on the affected side of the head become prominent and pulsating.
- A migraine gives a fair warning before striking. The patient sees flashes of light or back spots or only parts of the objects in front of him. He may also feel numbness or weakness in an arm or leg, or on one side of the face
- Migraine may also results from a variety of causes such as low blood sugar, allergy, infection, excessive intake of certain drugs a weak constitution, low energy, nutritional deficiency, overwork, improper sleep and rest, excessive smoking and drinking.
- Menstruation in women is also the important causes of migraine. This forms of migraine usually abates after menopause.
- Vegetable Juices a) Carrot with spinach b) Carrot with beet
- Sadbindu Taila(oil)
- Baidyanath Balm
- Stress Guard