Sore throat refers to the inflammation of the pharynx or back of the throat .It occurs frequently when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza. This inflammation may also involve the tonsils and adenoids.
- In the case of an acute sore throat the patient complains of pain, irritation, and inflammation in the throat, followed by chillis, fever, and some hoarseness or laryngitis.
- The lymph gland along the side of the neck may become swollen and tender.
- The back of the throat may become very red and even covered with a grayish white membrane .
- The patient may find difficulty in swallowing, especially during the acute stage.
- There may also be some postnatal discharge if the inflammation has spread to the nasal passage.
- The main causes of a sore throat are common cold and influenza.
- Other causes include sinisistis, measles, diphtheria and even leukemia in rare cases.
- Mango Bark
- Holy basil
- Khadiradi Bati